Re: [modeller_usage] modeller problem

Summarizing for the list:

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 07:16:24AM +0100, shantanu gautam wrote:
> I faced severe problem while running Widows based modeller version.
> 4)      Then I run the modeller from the command prompt but after giving
>         mod.bat model-default.top it was showing error
>         Len,string:  ?D:\sh\modeller6v2\bin\sg\\

The actual error Modeller was giving was the (admittedly somewhat cryptic)
str_sn2_E> # of ' <> even:
(i.e. 'uneven number of single quotes') when processing the following:
SET ATOM_FILES_DIRECTORY = 'D:\sh\modeller6v2\bin\sg\'

Modeller treats the \ character as an escape character in standard Unix
fashion, and as such doesn't see the closing quote on this string.
Additionally, the : character is used as a directory separator, so
cannot be used to specify the D: drive.

The solution: use Unix-style path names, i.e.
SET ATOM_FILES_DIRECTORY = '/sh/modeller6v2/bin/sg/'

Modeller is unable, however, to read files from a drive different to
that you're running it from.