[modeller_usage] few problems

Dear Sir,

I have mentioned here few warnings, not errors, but as they affect final
model, I need to handle them, please explain the reasons behind them and
method to remove them. Although, necessary changes I have tried to make in
all possible files and I have mentioned about them here.
Sorry, its a bit lengthy mail, but plz spare out some time frm your schedule
to explain these.

PS: I have added residues to top_heav.lib and using my own par.lib which
also includes all required parameters for new residues added in top_heav.lib
(may be some few are missing).

1. I have included few new residue types in top_heav.lib and made necessary
changes in res_type.lib also, but still it gives the statement

> Non-standard residue type,position,sequence:  /      655        1
> Non-standard residue type,position,sequence:  +      656        1
> Non-standard residue type,position,sequence:  +      657        1

like this, although its not a warning, but why this is so? and where the
change is needed to be made?

2.  This is warning, is it serious enough or not and how to remove this?

fndatmi_285W> Number of residues <> number of atoms; atom code:      516
  513  CA
fndatmi_285W> Number of residues <> number of atoms; atom code:      541
  538  CA
fndatmi_285W> Number of residues <> number of atoms; atom code:      547
  544  CA

3. Are these atoms for which no coordinates are defined, the undefined ones?
meaning there by that these types are either not present in top_heav.lib or
par.lib . So how to handle this or MODELER itself is handling it.

build___466W> Some coordinates in MODEL not assigned.
build___468W> Some coordinates in MODEL are still undefined.
build___464W> Inventing the MODEL coordinates.

4. Serious one:
I have used my own par.lib not the one which is supplied with MODELER, and
it shows the following warnings , I think this means that there are no
parameters available for these dihedrals and MODELER is assigning the values
by some means (random generation). So, if I am able to get the values of
dihedrals, then by putting the values in  my par.lib, these warnings can be
removed, am I right? And if I dont found these values anywhere, then to what
level these MODELER generated values are acceptable?

r_stere_607W> Cannot find params in params file:
              CHARMM atoms :  CT1 NH3 C CT2
              IUPAC atoms  :  CA N C CB
              Atom indices :        2       1       7       3
              Residues     :  MET MET MET MET
addprm__440W> Adding params (mean,force,period):       33.6945       60.0000
       0
              For atoms:  CT1 NH3 C CT2
r_stere_607W> Cannot find params in params file:
              CHARMM atoms :  CT1 NH1 C CT2
              IUPAC atoms  :  CA N C CB
              Atom indices :       10       9      15      11
              Residues     :  LEU LEU LEU LEU
addprm__440W> Adding params (mean,force,period):       33.6297       60.0000
       0
              For atoms:  CT1 NH1 C CT2
r_stere_607W> Cannot find params in params file:
              CHARMM atoms :  CT1 CT3 CT3 CT2
              IUPAC atoms  :  CG CD1 CD2 CB
              Atom indices :       12      13      14      11
              Residues     :  LEU LEU LEU LEU
addprm__440W> Adding params (mean,force,period):       32.3756       60.0000
       0

5.  While restraints making , it shows the following warnings, i dont
understand these, please explain.

make_re_417_> Restraint type to be calculated:  phi-psi_binormal
openf5__224_> Open       11  OLD  SEQUENTIAL  ${MODINSTALL6v2}/modlib/mdt.ini
openf5__224_> Open       11  OLD  SEQUENTIAL  ${MODINSTALL6v2}/modlib/mnch1.bin
initmdt_400_> Distance function type:        1
openf5__224_> Open       11  OLD  SEQUENTIAL  ${MODINSTALL6v2}/modlib/mnch1.mdt
irddata_401_> USER SYMMETRY, SYMMETRY:        1  T
              SYMMETRIC = .T. ==> NALN*NALN/2
              SYMMETRIC = .F. ==> NALN*NALN
              All protein pairs always generated.
rdabrk__292W> Too many neighbours; overflow ignored:       51       50
rdabrk__292W> Too many neighbours; overflow ignored:       51       50
rdabrk__292W> Too many neighbours; overflow ignored:       51       50
rdabrk__292W> Too many neighbours; overflow ignored:       51       50
rdabrk__292W> Too many neighbours; overflow ignored:       51       50
rdabrk__292W> Too many neighbours; overflow ignored:       51       50
rdabrk__292W> Too many neighbours; overflow ignored:       51       50
errdih__638_> Missing atoms in a dihedral, residue index, residue type:
   1      512  LEU
errdih__638_> Missing atoms in a dihedral, residue index, residue type:
   1      513  LYS
errdih__638_> Missing atoms in a dihedral, residue index, residue type:
   4      513  LYS

6. this also , I hope to be a serious one. Although , topology file includes
the residues with same details as in pdb, i.e. same PDB atom names, all
specific CHARMM atom names, etc. but what does this warning signify,please
explain.

make_re_417_> Restraint type to be calculated:  distance
iup2crm_279W> IUPAC atom not found in topology library; residue type index:
 N A      143
              Possible reasons are a non-standard PDB file, or a new
residue/atom types.
              Compare the offending residue in the PDB file with its
definition in the topology library.
iup2crm_279W> IUPAC atom not found in topology library; residue type index:
 N B      143
              Possible reasons are a non-standard PDB file, or a new
residue/atom types.
              Compare the offending residue in the PDB file with its
definition in the topology library.
iup2crm_279W> IUPAC atom not found in topology library; residue type index:
 N C      143
              Possible reasons are a non-standard PDB file, or a new
residue/atom types.
              Compare the offending residue in the PDB file with its
definition in the topology library.

These are 6 questions, please explain the possible cures for these.

Thanks in advance,

sincerely,

vivek sharma

--