Re: [modeller_usage] a question about SEQUENCE_SEARCH

 wrote:
I'm currently beginning using MODELLER. I have tried to run the basic
example of the tutorial. When I run the SEQUENCE_SEARCH command (using the
same script provided in the tutorial) it begin running and writing to the
log file, but in certain moment MODELLER stops writing to the log file and
never stops running.

Be patient. SEQUENCE_SEARCH takes a long time. Just as it says in the tutorial, it takes over an hour (and that's on a 3GHz PC). If you're running on a slow old machine (like an SGI) it could take 10 times as long.

If your search doesn't need to be so rigorous, you could use something like BLAST instead.