Re: [modeller_usage] Evaluating models with procheck

On 05/17/2013 12:42 PM, HERBERT MAX VENTHUR PE¥A wrote:
I submitted to ProCheck to evaluate the
model, my question is: Results indicate a 95% of residues in favoured
regions. That valuew, it is enough to have a suitable model?, Could I
perform a docking with this model then?

You can't tell for sure, since it's very easy to make models where all the residues are in favored regions but that are still terrible models! (For example, a completely extended chain would probably score pretty well with this metric.) We usually recommend using an assessment method designed to test models (as opposed to real crystal structures). If using Modeller, we recommend normalized DOPE:
http://salilab.org/modeller/9.11/manual/node198.html