Re: scoring models against X-ray data

These are both possible. I would write a script that automatically
generates modeller top files. The top file will have a definition to
pick and model loops that are not well refined in the crystallographic
map. You would need a definition how to identify these regions from your
experimental data.->this is a more ab initio approach

Alternatively, you could define a set of "user defined retsraints" from
crystallographic  data in general (you will find more about it in the
manual in teh FAQ section). In this second case I would just generate
many models without loop modeling, maybe putting the starting
conformations in a sufficiently "loose" state so you can better explore
and optimize your models ("SET DEVIATION = 6" i.e. in angstroms). ->this
is a more comparative modeling approach

Both approaches assume you have some kind of rough initial model (the
well defined parts of your structure)

However I have not done it, if that is what you are asking for.

best,
Andras

--
    ,
Andras Fiser, PhD            # phone: (212) 327 7216